The Lifeblood of Your Business
With any training initiative to be successful, there are 3 objectives that must be met:
- Performance: skill set after training.
- Conditions: perform the task in specific conditions.
- Criterion: how well it must be done.
The best way for me to explain this is to use my services as the example of how I drive sales and accountability for my clients. Here's how I use this for my clients. Feel free to use this model for your team:
1. Performance —> what the learner should be able to do after training.
Able to do How it’s measured
- Prospect/fill pipeline Daily
- Set meetings and demos Weekly
- Close Deals Weekly & Monthly
2. Conditions —> what specific condition(s) the learner needs to perform task in.
Condition How it’s measured
- Phone Tested & graded by trainer
- Face-to-face Video training
- Presenting to groups Rehearse in front of groups
- Online demonstrations Tested & graded by trainer
3. Criterion —> how well it must be done.
How it’s measured: track progress daily, weekly, and monthly; activity inserted into a production form and graded/measured by sales manager.
I’m the sales manager for many of my clients, so I’m the one who looks at all of the activity and results and customizes training around each individual salesperson to drive sales and shorten the sales cycle. If you don't currently have a training curriculum in place, use this one. If you'd like me to do this for your company then contact me.
Consistent training is to sales as breathing is to life!